Sunday, February 11, 2007

If You Give Me Tomorrow

"If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks... then I'll follow you into the dark."
-Death Cab For Cutie

It's already six a.m. and the shut-eye I promised myself at 3am hasn't been implemented yet. It's raining now. My window is cracked less than a centimeter, but it's enough to hear the raindrops more clearly than if the window was completely shut. So many dreams that fall to the earth to keep it healthy.

My skin is on fire. It's what happens when I stay awake after taking Serzone. Usually, I'm asleep and dreaming so I never feel this sensation. It starts in my temples and radiates to the top of my head, down my spine and out to the extremities.

I watched Good Will Hunting on Friday when I stayed home from work. This is a movie that touches me very intimately. Unlike the movie, I've never found a way to content my soul. (And even in the movie we just assume this as the credits roll.) Knowing something is not my fault and believing it are mismatched leave buddies. They end up finding the trouble they were supposed to help each other avoid.

Dozed off....